Tuesday, February 7, 2012

EAT: My 3 Power Breakfasts

Try one of my favorite breakfasts for longlasting energy, nutrition, and staying power! They are super easy to make.....I typically rotate them on weekly basis.

1) VERY FILLING
- 3 egg whites or 1 egg and 1 egg white (around 100 calories)- I like to beat mine with a fork to make them nice & fluffy!
- 1/2 cup of berries (around 50 calories)- I am OBSSESSED with blueberries for their sweet flavor and anti-oxident powers.
One of either:
- 1 7 ounce container 0% or 2% (my choice since it tastes amazing and keeps me full) FAGE yogurt (100 or 150 calories)
OR
- 1 piece of whole grain toast (around 80 calories) with a Light Laughing Cow cheese wedge (35 calories)

2) SEEMINGLY DECADENT
- Protein pancakes (Dukan Diet Recipe- around 150 calories) 3 tablespoons of oat bran (or 2 of oat bran and 1 of wheat bran),1 egg, 2 tablespoons of low fat yogurt, PAM, lemon zest and teaspoon of lemon juice
Instructions: Mix egg into a bowl of oat bran and mix well. Add the yogurt, lemon zest/juice and continue to mix. Mix should be a bit thicker than pancake batter. If it is too thick then add a drop of skim milk. Using a non-stick pan and PAM, drop couple of tablespoons into pan (or entire mix) into pre-heated pan, turn over until evenly browned.

- Tablespoon of honey OR small sliced banana with cinnamon/stevia mix (around 80 calories)

- 2 ounces of pan-fried Boar's Head maple glazed ham (around 60 calories) or 1 piece of Morning Star sausage (70 calories)

3) QUICK & DIRTY
- Smoothie: 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk (40 calories), 1 scoop of whey protein (around 100 calories)- I like Whole Foods brand,  1/2 cup of any fruit (around 60 calories)- blueberries, peaches, strawberries, or banana work well. Blend everything, and put it in a to-go thermos and viola!

- 1 KIND Bar (around 200 calories)- I like, LOVE Almond Cashew with Flax

With any of these, I try to follow-up with a Honeycrisp apple about an hour or two later and I'm simply stuffed until lunch. Try one of these for a couple of weeks without changing anything else in your diet and you might find yourself eating healthier throughout the day, not to mention lose a couple pounds. Also, none of it would be complete without my americano, splash of skim.



-Zi
Note: I'm not a doctor, but I've been eating most of my life. In other words, check with your doctor if you have health concerns.


No comments:

Post a Comment