Thursday, September 4, 2014

Meet Stacy!

Dancer, Doctor, Dream Girl!
Better Looking Photography


The best thing about our community at MaZi is being able to celebrate the amazing women that walk through our doors on a daily basis. Your stories and backgrounds inspire our mission at MaZi: INSPIRE. DANCE. ACHIEVE. 

Many of you know Stacy from classes, her role as artistic director assistant in MaZi Dance Chicago, and more recently instructor! Her B-Girl Hip Hop class is Wednesday nights at SL, don't miss it!

Today, we celebrate Stacy's huge accomplishment in earning a PsyD (Doctor of Clinical Psychology)! In the 5 years that we have known Stacy, we've seen her commit to her studies, friends and dancing. Everything she does she does completely, which is why she is so special. We've also seen her grow from a very good dancer to an artist capable of EVERYTHING. We are so happy for her, please join us in both welcoming her to the MaZi instructor team and her new title: Dr. Clark! 


How do you relax? 
I go for a walk, listen to music, read a book, or journal.

How do you rev up?
Breakfast is the biggest component for getting me going.  That, and dancing in my bathroom as I get ready :)
What fashion item can you not live without? 
A good pair of flats or earrings.  I wear both constantly.

Go to healthy snack?  
Usually an apple.  It's great for curving appetite between meals and a good source of energy.

Fave indulgence?  
Chocolate!!

What do you like about teaching at MaZi!? 
I love seeing the various styles each student brings, and their energy keeps me going.

Song that keeps you going?  
This changes constantly.  Right now, it's "Hey Mami (Big Wild Remix)" by Sylvan Esso

Fun fact?  
My birthday is on New Years' Day.

 #1 Fitness tip?  
Your diet is so important for a workout.  Make sure to eat a light meal or snack beforehand, and drink water before, during, and after.  The goal is build up strength and energy so your body will need the extra push! 

How does your ballet background make a difference?
Ballet is the foundation for strength, flexibility, and movement.  Whenever I have the chance, I will take the Intro to Ballet intensives at MaZi in order to re-align my center and strengthen my muscles/core.

- XO, Zi

Inspire Dance Achieve










No comments:

Post a Comment