Wednesday, September 24, 2014

MaZi Dance Chicago*: Spotlight on Natalie!

             MaZi Dance Chicago*: Spotlight on Natalie! 


BOLD FEARLESS BEAUTY!
Natalie is very special because when she dances you see the LOVE coming right through and it's transmitted to the audience immediately. She is so naturally gifted, it's almost not fair! Choreographing on her is a guilty pleasure for me as it's as if I was choreographing on myself, the only difference is that she can still do it! She has beautiful technique and having danced some of the same ballets that I did in the past, intuitively knows where I'm coming from and the feel I'm trying to emulate (this means lots of laughter). All of MaZi Dance Chicago's choreographers would agree that working with her is fun, focused and inspiring!

She's danced almost everything with us for the past two years and is extremely consistent and precise. As part of the team, everyone loves Natalie because she is sensationally funny and usually knows the choreography very well, all great things to have around! I always wondered why she was so funny and recently found it's because she's a comedian of sorts. She's written two shows that have run at Second City and is currently working on a project at Stage 773! She also writes for a satire blog, mentors an 8th grader and also has time to work as a software developer for you know........."work". In her words: 


Why Do You Dance?
I dance because I have to. My body is never as good or as happy as when I'm dancing. When I'm in the studio I work my hardest and get to be my most free self. 

What Does MaZi Mean To You?
MaZi is a place where I get to come and have fun and be challenged, and most importantly, be surrounded by amazing people. MDC is full of such talented, passionate people, and I feel very lucky to call myself one of them.


Running the town!
Better Looking Photography


Watch for her in next week's pieces at the Anniversary Party! We hope she dances forever!

-Zi



*MaZi Dance Chicago is a performing group made up MaZi Dance Fitness students that wish to learn & perform choreography. Their strong commitment and passionate work ethic makes them a joy to work with and a treat to watch. They represent MaZi's core values of: INSPIRE DANCE ACHIEVE & LOVE DANCE LIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment