Tuesday, April 29, 2014

My favorite quick mini-meals right now!

Mini-meals are the norm for me because it's very difficult to be active and/or alert on a full tummy! In each of these I try to include fat, fiber and protein to balance my blood sugar levels, give me energy and keep me full. If I don't get at least 2 of these nutrients in my mini-meal I'm starving in 30 minutes. This is what I'm currently loving right now:

EATING ON THE RUN! This yummy bar is unprocessed, organic, alkaline, gluten-free and Fair Trade!


1) Creamy sweetness!
Fage 2% yogurt (more filling and less sugar than 0%) topped with 1/2 of a cup of Trader Joe's Fiber cereal or Fiber One 80 calorie chocolate cereal and a hand shredded organic date for sweetness. (approx. 275 calories)

2) For the Greenies! (pictured above)
Green SuperFood-unprocessed and organic bar that is very tasty and filling! (230-260 calories depending on flavor)

3) Super Filling!
Applegate Chicken & Maple Sausage (2) and a fried whole egg and a piece of Ezekiel bread with butter schmear. (approx. 300-350 calories depending on your butter schmear)

4) You can take the girl out of TX.....
Quesadilla- heat one corn tortilla topped with a serving of good cheese of your choice (I like Havarti) and 1/4 of an avocado. (approx. 300 calories)

5) Back to kindergarten!
Gluten-Free S'moreables Graham Style Crackers (3) topped with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and reduced sugar strawberry jelly and a piece of string cheese. (approx. 350 calories)
Found at Whole Foods, they're better than regular grahams!
6) Very NYC or LA snack!
Spruts Nuts Almonds serving (yummy sprouted almonds, perfectly salted!) with green kale juice that you can find anywhere nowadays, i.e. Whole Foods, Starbucks, etc. (approx. 300-350 calories) 

These take under 5 minutes to prepare, so there's no excuse to go hungry and make bad choices later on! What are some of your quick mini-meals?
-XO Zi

No comments:

Post a Comment