Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Meet Liz!

Liz is not only a kickass Ballerina Fight Club & Ballerina Bum Bootcamp instructor, she's a ballerina! She'll bring out the most in you in each of her classes with her energy and attention to form! You can catch her in Ruth Page's Nutcracker this winter or in a performance with Elements Contemporary Ballet in 2014. 



Liz optimizing her bum!

What inspires you? 
People who are driven and love what they do inspire me.  When someone is passionate about their dreams, it reminds me to not take anything for granted and to go after my own dreams.

How do you relax?
I like to cook. It’s stress relieving, and I love to try new recipes!

What fashion item can you not live without? 
My combat boots. They’re comfortable, great for walking around the city, and make any outfit instantly trendier.
Go to healthy snack? 
Wasabi Wow Trail Mix. I always have a little packed in my bag for an instant pick me up with a kick!

Fave indulgence? 
Nutella. I can eat the whole jar with a spoon if I’m not careful!
What do you like about teaching at MaZi!?
I love the atmosphere and how passionate everyone is about their work out! It’s great to look around the room when I’m teaching and see everyone in the zone, working hard to get stronger.

Song that keeps you going? 
Girl on Fire (Feat. Nicki Minaj) by Alicia Keys.
Fun fact? 
I studied dance abroad for 6 months in Jerusalem, Israel! It was the most amazing experience of my life. I loved learning about dance there and experiencing the culture.

#1 Fitness tip?
Fuel your body with good things! Your body performs best when you fuel it with healthy foods and plenty of water, so give it what it needs!

How your ballet background makes a difference?
My ballet background makes realize that there is always room to improve. In ballet, you can always extend further, balance longer, and jump higher. When I’m working out, my ballet training gives me the drive I need to work harder, stronger, and with more energy!

What does Love. Dance. Live. mean to you?
Love means to find the joy in everything I do and to share it with others. Dance means to do everything with beauty, grace, and style. Live means to make love and dance part of my everyday life. 

Catch her classes downtown Wednesdays and Saturdays! 

Liz en pointe!


- Zi

No comments:

Post a Comment