Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Meet Marissa!

Marissa started taking classes at MaZi, on our second month of being open! She's gone through our rigorous Ballerina Bum Training program and is now teaching Mondays at 7 PM. Her dance and ice skating background come through, as does her energy and attention to detail. A multi-talented beauty, she's also attending University of Chicago's Graduate School of Social Service Administration starting in the Fall!


Marissa!


How do you relax?
Putting on some music and cooking up something delicious is always relaxing for me.

How do you rev up?
Ziba's world famous Zumba class, of course! (Awww, thanks!)

What fashion item can you not live without?
Well I'm not sure if "fleece" can really be called a fashion item, but it sure is something I cannot live without. Mmmmm so cozy.

Go to healthy snack?
Well, I'm a fruit lover, so that is always a go to for me. Add in some crackers and cheese for a little bit of protein and I'm all set.

Fave indulgence?
Anything with chocolate. If anyone knows what "Graeters" ice cream is, I'm sure you'll agree that this is the ultimate indulgence.

What do you like about teaching at MaZi!?
What originally attracted me to MaZi was not only the wonderful classes, but also the atmosphere and sense of community you feel from the moment you walk in. I love teaching at MaZi because it is a way to bring people together in a space of encouragement and accomplishment. This is incredibly unique. And I feel lucky to be a part of it.

Song that keeps you going?
"By My Thrill" by The Weepies

Fun fact?
I recently hung upside down while ziplining through the rainforest of Costa Rica!

Your #1 Fitness tip?
Be kind to yourself and to your body. Take breaks when you need to and drink lots of water!

-Zi

No comments:

Post a Comment